- Yield: 1 cup
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 minutes
Passionate dragon dessert topping
You can always top your ice cream, frozen yogurt or cake slice with passionfruit simply scooped out of its shell. But make a syrup out of it and you've got a great dessert topping with a bit of crunch to it. Add a dragonfruit to the sauce, and you've almost got a dessert in of itself. But wait, save some for breakfast and serve topping pancakes or waffles for a more nutritious syrup.
- Florida passionfruit - 6
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Cinnamon stick - 1
- Dragonfruit, red or white - 1
- Florida starfruit - 1
- Slice the passionfruit in half, scoop out the insides into a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Slowly add the sugar. Bring to a boil. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 3 minutes until thick. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Optionally, cut open a dragonfruit. Scoop out the interior into the saucepan. With a potato masher, mash the dragonfruit to a relatively bumpy pulp. Combine with the passionfruit.
- Refrigerate and serve topping dessert or breakfast with a starfruit garnish.