- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
The calabaza mash
Calabaza has half the starch of potatoes and is much sweeter. So don't be surprised if a fraction of butter is used in this calabaza mash recipe. Oh, by the way, calabaza is only 40 calories per cup and a powerhouse of nutrition. So instead of mashing potatoes, mash calabaza instead.
- 1 lb or 1 1/2 cups of baked calabaza
- 2 tbs butter, melted
- 1/8 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup sour cream (optional)
- Mash the calabaza until rather smooth. Add the butter, brown sugar, salt, pepper and sour cream.
- Too thick? Add milk, orange juice or water to thin to your preference.