- Yield: 8 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
Calabaza and veggie pizza
Instead of tomato sauce, try puréed or mashed calabaza on a pizza. It's sweeter and acts as a great base for other veggies.
- 1 lb or 1 1/2 cups of baked calabaza
- non-fat cooking spray
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 refrigerated thin pizza crust
- 3 cups chopped fresh baby spinach
- 4 oz crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tsp thyme
- Preheat oven to temperature on pizza crust package.
- Purée or in a large bowl mash the baked calabaza. Put aside.
- Lightly spray a large cookie sheet. Press pizza dough into a rectangle on the cookie sheet. Top with puréed or mashed calabaza, then spinach, onion, cheese and thyme.
- Bake as directed on the dough package or about 10 to 12 minutes.