- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
The pudding of dragons
With a name like dragonfruit you'd expect a little more of a blast in flavor but the soft flesh is surprisingly mild and sweet. It's refreshing like a fresh melon with a kiwi texture. A simple pudding makes a tasty treat for a hot summer afternoon during dragonfruit's season. Starfruit gives it simple but sparkling appeal.
- Water - 4 tbs
- Unflavored gelatin - 1 packet
- Groovy Coconut - 1/8 or 1/2 cup shredded
- Lime - 1
- Lite Coconut milk - 1 can
- Brown sugar - 2 tbs
- Dragonfruit, red - 1
- Starfruit - 1
- In a small bowl combine the water and gelatin. Put aside for at least 5 minutes.
- Open a Groovy Coconut. Remove the flesh. Add about 1/8 into a food processor. Process until shredded. Reserve about 2 tbs for the garnish. For an easy way to open a Groovy Coconut...
- In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, add the juice of one lime, coconut milk and sugar. Bring to a simmer.
- Slice the dragonfruit in half. Scoop the dragon fruit flesh into the food processor.
- Slice the starfruit in half. Remove any seeds. Cut off the bottom. Slice one half into stars, wrap in plastic and refrigerate. Add the other half to the food processor. Blend until relative smooth.
- Add the coconut, dragonfruit and starfruit mixture to the coconut mixture in the saucepan thru a fine mesh strainer. Add strained pulp as desired.
- Add the gelatin mixture to the saucepan. Stir to combine.
- Pour into serving bowls and refrigerate at least 4 hours or until the pudding is soft but firm to touch.
- To serve top with starfruit slices and reserved shredded coconut.