Tropical Baked Brie
The fruit topping can be made ahead of time; it's one less thing to do for a holiday dinner or dinner party. Sure you've got to bake the Brie, but there's always room even in a crowded "company coming" oven to heat this appetizer up. Double the recipe to top waffles or pancakes the next day.
- 1 cup Caribbean Red papaya (about 1/4 of the fruit)
- 1/4 cup Groovy Coconut, shredded
- 1/4 cup pistachios, shelled and chopped
- 1/2 cup honey
- Non-fat cooking spray
- 1 wheel of Brie cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a baking dish bottom with cooking spray.
- Peel the Caribbean Red papaya. Cut in half and discard the seeds. Finely chop about _ of the fruit. Add to a large bowl, reserving the rest for another dish.
- Open a Groovy Coconut. Extract the white flesh and shred using a food processor. Add _ cup to the bowl, reserving the rest for another dish.
- Add the pistachios and honey to the bowl. Toss gently to combine.
- Place the Brie in the baking dish. Top with fruit mixture and bake for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm with crackers.