- Yield: 2 servings
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
2- way SlimCado seafood salad
Like other Caribbean avocados, SlimCados originated (considered older than the hass) in areas close to the sea. Combining this avocado with seafood makes delicious sense.
You could enjoy this salad simply dished onto a plate. But make a dish out of the SlimCado and you get more great light tasting avocado with your dish. And I know cracking open a coconut takes more time then opening the shredded/preservatives and sugar added coconut you can buy in the store. Fresh is so much better. Besides you'll have plenty of fresh coconut for future dishes because when shredded it freezes nicely.
- Fresh Groovy Coconut, shredded - 2 tbs
- SlimCado avocado - 1 for the recipe, 2 if you're going to use it also as a dish
- Extra virgin olive oil - 1 tsp
- Lime - 1
- Red onion, chopped - 1/8 cup
- Cucumber peeled and diced - 1/4 cup
- Shrimp, cooked and peeled - 1/4 lb.
- Tomato, diced - 1/4 cup
- Cilantro - 1 tbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Extract the white coconut from its shell. Shred.
- Slice a SlimCado in half. Discard the seed. Scoop out the flesh and mash in a large bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Toss gently before serving on top of lettuce, or slice another SlimCado in half, use it as a bowl and scoop the salad into it.