- Yield: 8 servings
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
Caribbean papaya pie
Party like a Panamanian with a flavorful papaya pie that's sweet, creamy and blissfully simple to make.
- ½ lb. ginger snaps
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 Caribbean Red papaya
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 6 limes
- 1 cup thawed dessert topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9 or 10 pie plate or springform pan with cooking spray.
- Toss the ginger snaps into a food processor. Pulse until crumbly. Add the melted butter. Pulse until combined.
- Press the ginger snaps onto the bottom of the baking dish. If using a pie plate, press up the sides. Bake 10 min. Cool completely.
- Peel the Caribbean Red papaya and cut in half, remove the seeds. Cut into ½ pieces. Spread the pieces onto the bottom of the crust.
- In a medium bowl, beat the milk and egg yolks together. Gradually add the juice of 6 limes. Pour into crust.
- Bake 20 minutes or until center is set. Cool completely. Refrigerate covered for at least 2 hours.
- To serve, top with a dollop of dessert topping.