- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 4h 00 min
Love the idea of turkey without the big bird? Now with grocery stores carrying packages of cooked turkey slices, it's not only possible but it also possibly makes the best-slow-cooked meal ever. Baked papaya and passion fruit have a deeper taste cooked than raw, and they go well with turkey. I like to think the pilgrims would have had this dish if they had landed on a Caribbean isle instead of Plymouth Rock.
- non-fat cooking spray
- Caribbean Red papaya - 1/2
- Passionfruit - 2
- orange juice - 1/3 cup
- Low-sodium soy sauce - 1 tbs
- Honey - 1 tbs
- Fresh ginger - 1 inch
- Cooked turkey pieces - 1 10-oz. bag
- Rice - 1 package, your choice
- Spray the inside of a slow cooker.
- Peel the papaya. Cut off the ends. Cut in half and scoop out and discard the seeds. Chop half the papaya into small pieces. Add pieces to the slow cooker. Reserve the remaining papaya half for another recipe.
- Cut the passion fruit in half. Scoop out the insides and add to your slow cooker.
- Add all the other ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours or until done.