- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
Lychee couscous salad
Some may enjoy this as a meatless entree and others as a delicious side; either way, lychees and couscous complement each other for your enjoyment.
- 1 cup couscous, cooked
- 1 lime
- 3 tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs white-wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 12 lychees
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tbs fresh basil, chopped
- Cook enough couscous to make 1 cup. Follow the instructions on the package.
- In a medium bowl, add the juice of one lime, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Peel the lychees, discard the seeds and chop into quarters. Add to bowl.
- Add the couscous, celery and basil to the bowl. Toss gently to combine.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours. Toss again before serving.