- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
Crabmeat, avocado and papaya salad with a passionfruit vinaigrette
In Florida, you're never more than one hour from the coast. So it makes sense that Florida tropicals go great with seafood. Enjoy this salad by itself or scoop it onto some bread to make a sandwich. And with no mayonnaise (the SlimCado® more than perfectly fills that role and more), this can travel to outdoor events.
- 1/8 cup sherry wine vinegar
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 passionfruit
- 3 small shallots
- 1/4 Caribbean Red® papaya
- 8 oz. precooked crabmeat (real or artificial)
- 1 SlimCado avocado
- 1 lime
- In a large bowl, put the vinegar, oil and mustard. Stir to combine.
- Add the coriander, cumin and salt. Stir to combine.
- Cut the passionfruit in half, scoop out the insides and add to the bowl.
- Remove the skin from the shallots. Chop finely. Add to the bowl. Stir to combine.
- Cut open a Caribbean Red papaya. Discard the seeds and the peel. Chop one quarter into bite-sized pieces. Add to the bowl. Reserve the remainder for a snack or salad
- Slice the crabmeat into bite-sized pieces and add to the bowl.
- Cut open a SlimCado avocado, discard the seed and scoop out the insides. Chop into bite-sized pieces. Add to the bowl. Gently toss to combine.
- Squeeze the juice of 1 lime over the top. Cover the surface with plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Serve chilled.