- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
Creamy cucumber and lychee salad
Lychees add zest to veggie salads that could find their way into summer picnics and holidays. To get kids onboard, have them peel the lychees for you. You'll need a few extras for their labor.
- lychees - 12
- cucumber, peeled, sliced and halved - 1 small
- grape tomatoes, sliced in half - 1/2 pint
- scallions, chopped - 1/8 cup
- sour cream - 1/4 cup
- balsamic vinaigrette dressing - 1 tbs
- lime - 1
- fresh dill, chopped - 1 tbs
- garlic salt - 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp - pepper
- Peel the lychees, discard the seeds and chop into quarters.
- In a large bowl, add the lychees, sliced cucumber, grape tomatoes and scallions.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, balsamic vinaigrette, juice of one lime, dill, garlic salt and pepper.
- Add the dressing to the fruit bowl and toss gently. Refrigerate covered for 2 hours.
- Toss gently before serving.