- Yield: 8 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
Lime Cake Tart
This is where "tart" refers to the taste. Limes make it perfect for serving at celebrations when a sugary dessert wouldn't compliment the entrees or drinks usually served. You can take almost any packaged cake mix and exchange up to 1/3 the water for lime juice. Remember to use a mix that uses water, not milk.
- non-fat cooking spray
- white cake mix - 1 pkg
- any ingredients shown in the directions
- limes - 4 small or 2 large limes (1/3 cup juice)
- limes - 6 small or 3 large limes (1/2 cup juice)
- confectioners' sugar - 2 cups
- Preheat oven as directed on the cake package.
- Spray a 9x13" cake dish with cooking spray.
- Follow the package directions to make the cake. Simply substitute lime juice for up to 1/3 the amount of water. E.g., if the directions ask for 2 cups water, add 2/3 cup lime juice and 1 1/3 cups water.
- Pour the cake mixture into the pan. Bake as directed on the cake package or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Using a skewer or ice pick, poke holes in the cake.
- In a medium bowl, add the juice of the limes and the confectioners' sugar. With a hand mixer, beat until smooth. Pour over the hot cake.
- Let cool before serving.