- Yield: 2 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
You can't go wrong with a red guava smoothie. Add whatever fruit's in the kitchen fruit bowl and you'll have a treat. Think of it as adding yogurt, ice cubes, sweetner and your choice of fruit. Just make sure one of the fruit is a guava. Viola! a great smoothie.
- Red guavas - 1/2 lb
- Non-fat Greek vanilla yogurt - 1/2 cup
- Groovy Coconut, shredded - 3 tbs
- Strawberries, stems cut-off - 6
- Honey - 1 tbs
- Lime - 1
- Ice cubes - 5
- Peel the guava. Add to a food processor or blender. Pulse until relatively smooth.
- Option: use a mesh strainer to push the guava mixture through to separate the seeds. Add the guava mixture back to the food processor and discard the seeds.
- Add the yogurt, coconut, strawberries, honey and the juice of one lime to the food processor.
- Add ice cubes. Pulse until relatively smooth. Enjoy immediately.