- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
Minty, starry, papaya fruit salad
There's a ruggedness to mint's taste that forcefully joins the tartness of the starfruit and the sweetness of a papaya. It's like the fruit topping serves as a salsa and the lettuce as the chips.
- 1/3 Caribbean Red® papaya
- 2 starfruit
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1 package ready-to-serve Romaine lettuce or broccoli carrot slaw
- 2 teaspoons fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Chop the Caribbean Red papaya into 1/4" cubes. Chop starfruit into 1/4" stars. Dice the red onion.
- Toss papaya, starfruit and red onion lightly.
- On individual plates, place romaine lettuce leaves or slaw and top with papaya/starfruit combination.
- Combine mint, olive oil and lime juice. Sprinkle dressing over the salad. Top with a dash of pepper.
- Garnish with papaya and starfruit slices.