- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
No-Peel Ginger Stir Fry
Fresh ginger belongs in a stir-fry. But did you know you have an option? Sure, you can peel fresh ginger's skin off - but you can also skip the peel and add medallions of ginger to flavor the stir-fry oil, which in turn will flavor the entire dish. Take the ginger out before the rest of the ingredients are added and you'll still get ginger's dramatic lift. Since ginger's flavor fades as it cooks, you can decide if you want more gingery oomph and add some ginger near the end of cooking..
- vegetable oil - 2 tbs
- Fresh ginger - 1
- Water - 1/4 cup
- Smooth peanut butter - 4 tbs
- Rice vinegar - 1 tbs
- Soy sauce - 1 tbs
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Garlic - 1 clove, minced
- Stir Fry veggies (just about any veggies like: broccoli, cauliflower, snow peas, carrots, onion) - 4-5 cups
- Peanuts, halves - 3/4 cup
- Add oil to a wok over medium-high heat.
- Slice ginger into 1/4" medallions.
- Add ginger medallions to the wok and stir occasionally while completing the next step.
- In a small bowl whisk together water, peanut butter, rice vinegar, soy sauce, honey and garlic.
- If desired, remove the ginger medallions from the wok.
- Add the sauce mixture to the wok.
- Stir while cooking for two to three minutes. Add minced ginger, if desired.
- Add the stir-fry ingredients and toss to coat. Stir occasionally for three to four minutes.
- Turn down the heat and let simmer for two to three minutes. Add additional water if needed.