- Yield: 1 1/2 cups
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
Mamey salad dressing
The run-of-the-mill salad dressings have ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard, relish or other condiments as ingredients. It's time to think of salads as worthy of better toppings. Salads aren't hot dogs. Enter mamey, a deliciously sweet but savory fruit that adds flavor and healthier nutrients to the lettuce.
- Mamey sapote - 1/2
- Olive oil - 1 tbs
- Red onion, chopped - 1/4 cup
- Garlic - 1 clove
- Cooking sherry - 1/2 cup
- Limes - 2
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Pepper - dash
- Slice the mamey in half vertically. Discard the seed, scoop out the insides. Add half to the food processor.
- In a food processor or blender, add te oil, onion, garlic, sherry and juice of one lime. Pulse until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Scoop into a refrigerator container, cover and chill for at least 2 hours. The dressing can stay refrigerated for up to 3 days.
- Serve on top of any salad, as you would a salad dressing.