- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
Sangria, Mama Mia
Mama Mia, what's in this sangria? Sure, floating slices of limes on the top is pretty, but you don't drink a slice. This is sangria on crushed ice with bits of limes. Your mama would drink this sangria, why not you?
- 1 750 ml bottle dry red wine
- 1/2 cup triple sec
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup sugar (optional)
- 6 limes
- 1 orange (optionally make it 2 oranges) 3 cups ice
- In a large pitcher combine wine, triple sec, brandy, orange juice and sugar.
- Wash limes. Cut ends off. Cut enough slices for garnishes. Slice into wedges.
- Wash orange(s). Cut ends off. Cut enough slices for garnishes.
- Optionally, cut the remaining orange into wedges. Add to the blender.
- Add ice and lime wedges to the blender. Pulse until everything is well chopped.
- Spoon ice mixture into 4 glasses. Pour sangria mix over ice. Serve immediately.