Scallops and papaya sauce
Quick and easy this seafood saute tastes great with the addition of papaya. This recipe easily multiplies for more guests.
- Solo papaya - 1
- Olive oil - 2 tbs
- Ginger, fresh - 1 inch
- Red onion - 1/2, chopped into small pieces
- Lime - 1
- Yellow pepper - 1, chopped into small pieces
- Cilantro - 2 tbs, chopped
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Sea scallops - 1/2 lb
- Assorted lettuce - 1/4 cup
- Cut the Solo papayas in halves. Discard the seeds. Scoop out the flesh onto a chopping board. Chop into small pieces. Put aside. Reserve the skins for serving.
- Over medium-high heat, add the oil to a large skillet.
- With a spoon or peeler, peel the skin off the ginger. Grate into the skillet. Saute for 1 minute.
- Add the chopped red onion to the skillet. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the papaya, juice of one lime, yellow pepper and cilantro. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Salt and pepper the sea scallops. Add the scallops to the skillet.
- Let cook for 2 minutes. If the scallops easily give when turning, turn. If not wait a few moments and try again. Cook another 2 minutes.
- To serve, add lettuce around the sides papaya skin. Add the papaya saute to the Solo papaya skins, then add the scallops on top. Serve immediately.