Show your passionate sunny side
Passionfruit's sweet-tart flavor is an unforgettable taste to add to breakfast's grand dame, the cooked egg. When cooked passionfruit's seeds take on a crunch that's quite a nice addition to this staple of the morning. I'm only showing sunny-side up eggs, but passionfruit also successfully adds a tropical flavor to over easy, scrambled, hard boiled and egg white cooked in any way.
- Over medium-low heat, add the oil a large, non-stick frying pan. Add enough oil to lightly cover the bottom of the pan. Heat for 3 minutes.
- Crack the eggs gently into the pan to keep the yolks intact. Keep a space in between the two eggs.
- Slice open the passionfruit. Scoop out the inside of one side onto one egg, then repeat with the other side.
- Cook until the tops of the whites are set but the yolk is still runny. This will take about 2 to 2-1/2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Remove with a metal spatula. Serve warm.