- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
SlimCado Avocado Ceviche
Popular in the Caribbean, ceviche is usually served with an avocado side dish. SlimCado avocado makes a great case for being added to the main dish. Since the fish is not cooked, it must be prepared fresh.*
* Eating raw seafood, what you need to know - http://www.fda.gov/food/resourcesforyou/consumers/ucm077331.htm.
- limes - 10
- sashimi grade tuna or tilapia*, cut into 1/4 - 1 lb.
- onion, diced - 1 cup
- garlic clove, minced - 1
- cumin - 1 tsp
- habanero pepper seeded and minced - 1
- SlimCado avocado, cubed - 1 ripe
- extra virgin olive oil - 1/4 cup
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- cilantro, chopped - 1/2 cup
- sesame seeds - 1 tsp
- Squeeze the lime juice into a bowl.
- Place fish and lime juice in a container, cover and marinate in the refrigerator at least 2 hours.
- In a medium bowl, combine the onion, garlic, cumin, habanero pepper, SlimCado avocado and 2 tablespoons of the lime juice from the marinated container. Toss gently then add just the fish to the bowl.
- With the remaining lime juice, stir in the olive oil. Pour into the fish mixture. Add salt and pepper and stir gently. Refrigerator at least 15 minutes.
- Just before serving, add cilantro. Add salt and pepper to taste. Sesame seeds to garnish.