- Yield: 2 or 4
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 minutes
Tropical chimichurri sauce
I love to simply sit and enjoy a SlimCado avocado spoonful by spoonful. It's nice to add a sauce like chimichurri on top or toss in a salad. Double the recipe to top the evening's grilled meat.
- Italian parsley - 1 cup
- Extra virgin olive oil - 1/4 cup
- Shallot, peeled - 1
- Basil leaves - 2 tbs
- Red wine vinegar - 2 tbs
- Lime - 1
- Garlic cloves - 3 minced
- Kosher salt - 1/2 tsp
- Red pepper - 1/2 tsp
- SlimCado avocados - 2
- In a food processor add the parsley, extra virgin olive oil, shallot, basil, vinegar, juice of one lime, garlic cloves, salt and pepper. Pulse until all is chopped and combined. You may need to stop and redistribute to complete this task.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- To serve, cut the SlimCados in half. Remove the seed and skin.
Serve two ways
- Salad - Chop into bite-sized pieces. Add to a large bowl. Toss gently with sauce and serve immediately.
- Halves - Top with chimichurri sauce and serve immediately.