- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
Tropical passion pops
Papaya or Thai guava adds a tropical texture and taste to wine ices. Passion fruit adds a bit of spice. You could use any tropical fruit, but papaya and guava add an exotic touch. Try Thai guava. For one thing, the color is a more sophisticated pale green. Your kids will easily opt for nonalcoholic cherry or orange pops.
- Caribbean Red papaya - 1 1/2 cups (1/2 papaya or 3 guava)
- Dry white wine - 1/2 cup
- Honey - 1/4 cup
- Passionfruit - 3
- Peel the Thai guava or Caribbean Red papaya and cut in half; discard the seeds. Add the guava or about 1/2 of the Caribbean Red papaya to a food processor.
- Pulse the guava or papaya until chopped into small pieces.
- Add the wine and honey. Pulse until blended. Add the insides of the passionfruit.
- Passionfruit option
- For passionfruit seeds to be finely chopped, pulse the food processor until blended.
- To enjoy the seeds whole, with a spoon stir into the food processor mix.
- Serving options
a. Pour into popsicle forms. Freeze. Enjoy as desired.
b. Pour into a 9 x 13 metal pan and place in freezer. Stir every 20 minutes until mixture is slushy. Scoop into individual serving dishes.