- Yield: 2 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
Tropical refrigerator oatmeal
Tropical and refrigeration usually don't go together in a sentence. But it'll make a great oatmeal that you simply combine, stir and refrigerate the night before, and enjoy this the next day. It's as simple as that. You could microwave or cook your oatmeal with fruit in it, but I think that makes the fruit lose its fresh taste. So a little effort the night before, and you've made a great start on your day.
- Solo papayas - 2
- Passionfruit - 1
- Oats, regular (not quick) - 2/3 cups
- Low-fat vanilla Greek yogurt - 6 oz.
- Almond milk - 1/3 fup
- Honey - 1 tbs
- Poppy seeds - 1 tbs
- Slice one of the Solo papayas in half vertically, discard the seeds and scoop out the orange flesh. Chop into pieces.
- Cut the passionfruit in half, and scoop out the seeded center.
- In a medium bowl, combine the passionfruit center, oats, yogurt, almond milk, honey and poppy seeds. Stir. Add the papaya pieces, and stir gently. The oats should be covered with liquid.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and refrigerate at least 8 hours.
- To serve, stir the oatmeal gently. Slice the other Solo papaya in half vertically and discard the seeds. Strain the oatmeal to the consistency you want, and scoop it into the halves