- Yield: 1 cup
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
Whipped passionfruit spread
A little passionfruit goes a long way. This spread is a flavor machine rolling incredible flavor onto flatbreads or toast. Top dark red beets whose cooked flavor deserves passionfruit's tropical flavor.
- Passionfruit - 2
- Ricotta cheese - 3/4 cups
- Kosher salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Extra-virgin olive oil - 1/4 cup
- Fresh ginger - 1
- Lime - 1
- Passionfruit - 1
- Slice the passionfruit in half. Scoop out the insides into a food processor.
- Add the ricotta cheese, salt, pepper, ginger and the juice of one lime to the processor. Start to process. Add the virgin olive oil in a steady stream. Process until relatively smooth.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
- Serve a dollop of the spread on any vegetable. Slice a passionfruit in half. Scoop out the insides and top the spread.
- Serving suggestions
- Top cooked beets
- Top cooked or raw turnips
- Dip for carrots, celery or cucumbers