- Yield: 2 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
Set ajar - starfruit arugula salad
Sure, this salad can be put in a plastic container; but why not jazz up your table, for lunch or on a picnic. A perfect salad stored in a mason jar. Star appeal doesn't need to be limited to special occasions.
- Ginger - 2 inches
- Non-fat Greek vanilla yogurt - 1/4 cup
- White wine vinegar - 1/4 cup
- Extra virgin olive oil - 1/4 cup
- Dijon mustard - 1 tbs
- Sugar - 2 tbs
- 1.5 pint jar - 1
- Arugula - 2 cups
- Florida starfruit - 2
- Groovy Coconut - 1/8
- Almonds, slices - 2 tbs
- Slice 2" off a hand of fresh ginger. Peel using a knife or spoon. Mince using a food processor.
- Add the remaining dressing ingredients to the food processor. Pulse until blended. Scoop into the bottom of the mason jar.
- Open a Groovy Coconut. Extract the white flesh. Cut about 1/8 into slices. Refrigerate the remaining coconut for another recipe.
- Layer the arugula leaves on top of the dressing at the bottom of the jar.
- Trim the ribs of a starfruit. Slice into 1/2" star shapes. Remove any seeds.
- Press the starfruit and coconut slices to the sides of the jar.
- Add the almonds on top.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- To serve, shake the mason jar or scoop out into a bowl. Toss to completely combine.