- Yield: 2 cups
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
Toss or top - all in olive papaya sauce
Olives and papaya, together, are a delight. Make this olive topping to toss with a papaya or simply top papaya slices with it. Make extra for the evening's entree. This goes well with grilled beef and fish. With this tropical topper, you're all in to win.
- Fresh ginger - 1 inch
- Lime - 1
- Green olives, pitted - 1/2 cup
- Kalamata olives, pitted - 1/2 cup
- Black olives, pitted - 1/4 cup
- Extra virgin olive oil - 1/3 cup
- Balsamic vinegar - 2 tbs
- Dijon mustard - 1 tbs
- Garlic cloves, minced - 2
- Pine nuts - 1/3 cup
- Fresh rosemary - 2 stems
- Caribbean Red papaya - 1
- Slice off 1" from a hand of ginger. Peel with a knife or spoon.
- Add the ginger, juice of one lime, green olives, kalamata olives, black olives, olive oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic and pine nuts to a food processor. Pulse until well chopped and combined.
- Take off the woody parts of the rosemary, add to the food processor, and pulse until chopped.
- Scoop the contents of the food processor into a container. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Just before serving, peel and remove the seeds from a Caribbean Red papaya.
- To top - slice into long pieces and place on individual plates. Top with sauce and serve immediately.
- To toss - chop into bite-sized pieces. Add to a large bowl along with the sauce. Toss gently and serve.
- Any remaining sauce can be served on the evening's entree.