- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
Pumpkin papaya salad
You can make this papaya "pumpkins" cute or scary. I personally like the lettuce eyelashes on the Solo papaya. The salad inside is delish.
- 4 Solo papayas
- 1 tbs fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 tbs basil, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 lime
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
- 11 oz. pkg spring mix lettuce
- Cut the neck of the Solo papayas so that the Solo can stand on the cut end and resembles the shape of a pumpkin. Slice off the bottom and keep as the papaya pumpkin top.
- Scoop out the Solo papaya seeds. Reserve 3 tbs of seeds and coarsely chop. Discard the remaining seeds.
- Cut pumpkin eyes, nose and mouth into the sides of the Solos. Put the Solos aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ginger, onion, basil, garlic, the juice of the lime and chopped papaya seeds (acts as a pepper). Pour the oil slowly in, whisking until emulsified.
- In a large bowl, toss the spring mix lettuce with the dressing. Stuff the Solo papaya pumpkins with the salad. Serve with a bed of lettuce underneath.