- Yield: 1 serving
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
Put a “ring” on it
Put a papaya ring on it. A Caribbean Red papaya is big, big enough to cut across its center to create a ring that can hold an egg. You can top the egg-filled papaya with any fruit. But when SlimCado® avocado is in season, it's a perfect choice.
- non-fat cooking spray
- Caribbean Red papaya - Just one 1" ring sliced across its middle, and peeled
- Egg - 1
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- SlimCado avocado - 1/2 cup chopped
- Slice a Caribbean Red papaya across its middle, making a 1" round or ring. Cut off the peel and discard the seeds. Refrigerate the remaining papaya for a future dish.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray. Heat the skillet for 2 to 3 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Add the papaya ring to the skillet. Hold down the papaya ring while breaking an egg in the center. Hold the papaya ring down for about 20 seconds or until the egg's shape conforms to the ring.
- Add the SlimCado chunks to the skillet. Stir occasionally to heat.
- Cook the egg as desired. Add salt and pepper as desired. Remove the egg and papaya ring to a plate. Top it with avocado chunks. Serve immediately.