- Yield: 12 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
Rosemary SlimCado lime bars
Show of hands! Who would love a snack that's sweet with coconut but nice and savory with the addition of SlimCado avocado and rosemary? You will.
- nonfat cooking spray
- limes - 2
- flour - 2 cups
- sugar - 1/2 cup
- fresh rosemary, chopped fine - 2 tbs
- butter - 1/2 cup
- white sugar - 1 cup
- SlimCado avocado - 1
- Fresh Groovy Coconut, shredded - 1/2 cup
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a 9"x13" baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, zest the limes. Add the flour, 1/2 cup sugar and rosemary. Stir to combine.
- Using a pastry cutter, add the butter to the flour mixture until the dough makes small clumps.
- Put aside 1 cup of the rosemary/flour mixture. Press remaining flour mixture in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Bake 10 minutes.
- Cut the SlimCado in half, discard the seed and scoop out the avocado into the large bowl. Mash.
- Add the additional sugar and the juice of the 2 limes. Stir until combined. Spread mixture over the baked crust. Top with the reserved rosemary/flour mixture and shredded coconut.
- Bake 25 minutes or until set.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before cutting.