Salmon with Uniq Fruit and fennel topping
- Uniq Fruit - 2
- fresh ginger - 1 inch
- rosemary - 1 tsp
- fennel seeds, crushed - 1 tsp
- salmon fillets - two - 6 oz fillets about 1 inch thick
- non-fat cooking spray
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Peel the Uniq Fruit. Section into pieces. Remove the white membrane. Put aside 6 sections of the Uniq Fruit. Place the remaining sections of the Uniq Fruit inside a large closable plastic bag. Squeeze all the juice out of the sections. Remove the depleted sections' skins.
- With a spoon or veggie peeler, peel the skin off the ginger. Grate into the plastic bag.
- To the bag add the rosemary and fennel. Squeeze to mix. Add the salmon filets. Move the bag to coat the salmon. Add the remaining Uniq Fruit sections. Seal and marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes. Turn once and squeeze to coat the salmon.
- Turn on the broiler. Spray a broiler pan with cooking spray.
- Remove the salmon from the marinade and place on the broiler pan (skin side down, if applicable). Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Reserve the marinade and Uniq Fruit sections.
- Broil 5 minutes, then add the Uniq Fruit sections to the broiler pan. Broil an additional 3 to 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- While broiling, add the marinade to a saucepan over medium heat.
- To serve, top the salmon fillets and Uniq Fruit sections with the heated marinated sauce.