Spicy tuna and Uniq Fruit salad
Tuna fish goes beyond the lunch box with Uniq Fruit. This is a bit of a spice cabinet overload but well worth it. Almost any canned seafood will shine in this salad.
- Uniq Fruit - 2
- fresh ginger - 2 inches
- limes - 1
- olive oil - 1 tbs
- sugar - 1 tsp
- ground cumin - 1 tsp
- paprika - 1/2 tsp
- black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Kosher salt - 1/2 tsp
- thyme leaves - 1 tbs
- small red onion, sliced - 1
- tuna fish - one 8oz can
- Kalamata olives, pitted - 1/2 cup
- Radicchio lettuce - 1/2 cup
- Peel the Uniq Fruit. Juice one of the Uniq Fruit into a large bowl. Pull apart the other Uniq Fruit into sections. Discard any white membrane from oranges. Cut each section in half. Discard any seeds.
- With a spoon or veggie peeler, peel the ginger. Grate into the bowl.
- Add the juice of 2 limes, oil, sugar, cumin, paprika, pepper, salt and thyme leaves. Stir to combine.
- Drain the tuna fish and olives add to the bowl. Toss to coat. Add the Uniq Fruit pieces, toss again to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- To serve, top lettuce or rice with this salad.