- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
SlimCado Avocado Gazpacho
With so many vegetables in it, Spanish cookbooks classify gazpacho as a salad. So why not toss a new ingredient into the mix with SlimCado avocados. Gazpacho leaves behind its thin, bright red color for a thicker more substantial taste.
- 1 SlimCado® avocado, chopped coarsely
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped coarsely
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and halved
- 1/2 cup red onion, peeled and halved
- 2 cup green pepper, chopped coarsely
- 1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimento peppers, drained
- 2 (12 fluid ounce) cans tomato juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon chili sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Divide the SlimCado, tomatoes, cucumber, onion, green pepper, pimento peppers and tomato juice into two bowls.
- Put the contents of one bowl in a blender, purée.
- In a large bowl combine the pureed vegetables with the remaining tomato juice, olive oil, vinegar, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Place remaining chopped tomato, cucumber, onion and green bell pepper in four chilled soup bowls. Ladle chilled puree over each.