- Yield: 6
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
Starfruit passionfruit torte
Star-shaped tortes for a star of a fruit. Starfruit and passionfruit together deliver a great dessert with a sweet, exotic taste.
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Quick-cooking tapioca - 1/4 cup
- Butter, melted - 1 tbs
- Nutmeg - 1/2 tsp
- Lime - 1
- Starfruit - 3
- Passionfruit - 2
- non-fat cooking spray
- Pie crust, ready to bake - 1
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the tapioca, butter, nutmeg and the juice of a lime.
- Trim the ribs of the starfruit with a veggie peeler. Slice into 1/2" stars and discard the seeds. Reserve 4 starfruit slices to top the tortes.
- In a large bowl, place the starfruit slices and the pulp of the passionfruit. Add the tapioca mixture. Toss gently to combine.
- Spray the torte pan(s) with cooking spray.
- Options: a. Place the prepared pie crust in the bottom of a torte pan. b. Put piecrust over one of your star-shaped torte pans and gently push it halfway into the pan. Cut a generous border past the pan's edges. Push the crust into the star-shaped pan. Leave a 1/4" border of crust beyond the pan's edge. Repeat with the other torte pans, rerolling the crust when required.
- Add the filling. Top with the reserved starfruit slices.
- Bake 25 minutes or until golden on top.