- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
Starfruit’s been cuke’d salad
Save yourself from summer's heat with a simple tossed salad with starfruit and cucumber that's light and great tasting. The papaya adds just a bit more tropical sweetness.
- Starfruit from Florida - 3 medium (larger than the palm of your hand)
- rice vinegar - 1 tsp
- sugar - 1 tsp
- chili pepper - 1/2 tsp
- cloves garlic, minced - 2
- fish sauce - 1 tbs
- lime - 1
- Caribbean Red® papaya - 1/4 (about 1 cup chopped)
- cucumber, peeled, deseeded and cut into 1/4 - 1 small
- Slice the ends off 1 of the starfruit and discard them. Slice into large stars. Toss into a blender and pulse until blended. Strain, but retain the pulp for a cracker spread.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the juice of the starfruit, vinegar, sugar, chili pepper, garlic, fish sauce and juice of the lime.
- Slice the ends off the remaining 2 starfruit and discard them. Slice into 1/4" stars and remove any seeds.
- Peel the Caribbean Red papaya, discard the seeds and chop into small pieces.
- Add the starfruit, papaya and cucumber to the large bowl. Toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Toss again just before serving.