- Yield: 2 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
Lychee Ginger Sorbet
Lychees in Asia are enjoyed in many ways. This iced version is a favorite in India. In Japan, street vendors serve a version on shaved ice. It's easy to make for a bright start to the summer.
- lychees - 24 lychees
- fresh ginger, peeled and cut into 2 or 3 pieces - 2
- lime - 1
- mint chopped - 1 tsp
- Peel the lychees, discard the seeds.
- Add the lychees, ginger and the juice of one lime to a food processor. Pulse until a purée.
- Pour the lychee mixture into a large but shallow rectangular storage container. Cover and freeze for at least 1 hour or until slushy.
- Stir ice crystals to break them up. Cover again and freeze until firm, about 1 hour.
- Let soften in the refrigerator about 15 minutes before serving. Scoop and garnish with some chopped mint.