- Yield: 4 cups
The tropicals head to the Mediterranean with this pesto. Sure you can top pasta, but you can also enjoy this as a side or as a topping for the dinner entrée. Makes a great fruit basket perfect for gifting.
- Starfruit - 3
- Limes - 2
- Dried mango, cut into small pieces - 1 oz.
- Dried tart cherries - 2 oz.
- Fresh Groovy Coconut, shredded - 1/2 cup
- Extra virgin olive oil - 1/8 cup
- Fresh basil - 1/4 cup
- Goat cheese - 1/8 cup
- Clove garlic, minced - 1
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Trim the ribs of the starfruit with a veggie peeler. Cut off the ends. Chop into small pieces. Add to a large bowl.
- Add the juice of 2 limes, mango, cherries into the bowl and toss gently.
- Open a Groovy Coconut. Extract the white insides. Add about 1/4 to a food processor. Freeze the rest for another dish.
- Add the olive oil, basil, goat cheese and garlic to the food processor. Pulse to combine.
- Add the pesto mixture to the fruit, toss to coat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate covered for 8 hours. Just before serving, toss gently.