Get down with fresh coconut, passionfruit and fresh ginger. Add a dash or two of bitters and you’ve got a tantalizing drink without the liquor. Add vodka, if you like
- Yield: 2 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Groovy Coconut - 1/4
- Fresh ginger - 1
- Lime - 1
- Passionfruit - 2
- Orange bitters - dash
- Basil leaves - 3 (reserve one for the garnish)
- Mint leaves - 6 (reserve one for the garnish)
- Sparkling water - 1/2 cup
- Ice cubes - 4
- Extract the coconut's white interior from its shell and shave off any brown covering.
- Take 1" off a ginger root. Peel.
- Cut the passionfruit in half, scoop out its insides.
- Add 1/4 of the coconut flesh, ginger, passionfruit, the juice of one lime, dash of orange bitters, 2 basil leaves, 5 mint leaves and sparkling water* to a blender. Blend until relatively smooth.
- Pour into a shaker with ice cubes. Shake 10 seconds.
- Pour into 2 glasses, leaving the ice back in the shaker.
- Serve immediately.
*Alcoholic option: Reduce the sparkling water to 1/2 cup and add 2 oz. of vodka to the drink.