- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
Pull out the skillet or grab the wok. A little oil and a little ginger, then toss in some tropical fruit and you've got a fruit cup to remember. The trick to stir-fry is to remember to add a touch of cumin and coriander just before the last stir. Any fruit could work; here's a list of what's in the dish pictured.
- Caribbean Red papaya, peeled and seeds discarded - 1/2
- SlimCado avocado - 1
- Red guava - 1
- Starfruit - 1
- Olive Oil - 2 tbs
- Ginger - 1"
- Passsionfruit - 1
- Almonds, slivered - 1/4 cup
- Cumin - 1 tsp
- Coriander - 1/2 tsp
- Oat Bran squares cereal - 1/4 cup
- Cut open a Caribbean Red papaya, discard the seeds, peel and chop into small pieces. Put aside. Wrap and refrigerate the remaining papaya for another dish.
- Cut open a SlimCado avocado. Discard the seed and scoop out. Slice into strips. Put aside.
- Peel a red guava. Slice vertically and scoop out any seeds. Cut into strips.
- Slice a Florida starfruit into star shapes. Poke out seeds, if desired.
- In a wok over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil. Peel the ginger; grate using a ceramic grater into the wok. Stir to combine.
- Add the tropical fruit. Stir to combine.
- Cut open the passionfruit. Scoop out the insides into the wok. Stir to combine.
- Stir-fry for about 5 minutes. Add the almonds, cumin and coriander. Stir to combine. Stir-fry for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Garnish with Oat Bran squares and serve immediately.