There’s no need to “dust” up a flour storm with this simple and easy cheesecake recipe. Using a packaged cheesecake filling and crust, you can concentrate on adding the flamboyantly great tasting fresh coconut and Caribbean Red papaya.
- Yield: 7 servings
- Prep Time: 60 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Caribbean coconut and papaya cheesecake
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Cornstarch - 1/2 tsp
- Caribbean Red papaya - 1
- Fresh Groovy Coconut - 1/2
- Limes - 2
- Packaged cheesecake mix - 1
- Open a Caribbean Red papaya and slice into small pieces. For an easy way slice this papaya...
- Open a Groovy coconut, extract the white flesh. Take one half and shredded How to do with a Groovy Coconut...
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add the sugar and dissolve. Reduce heat to a simmer.
- In a small bowl mix together the cornstarch and 2 tbs. of water. Add to the saucepan. Stir to thoroughly mix.
- Add the Caribbean Red papaya pieces and combine. Return to a simmer.
- Continue to stir gently but frequently until the liquid is thickened or when stirring you can see the bottom of the pan. Add 1/2 cup of coconut and the juice of 2 limes. Stir gently to combine. Remove from heat.
- As per the directions on the cheesecake package, prepare the crust and the cheesecake filling, adding 1/2 of the remaining coconut to the filling.
- Spread the papaya syrup on top. Smooth to all edges. Sprinkle the remaining coconut on top.
- Refrigerate as directed on the cheesecake package.